Subject: Re: package oddities...
To: proprietor - Foo Bar And Grill <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/1998 11:02:36
Hello!

> I had MANZ=<nothing> inside /etc/mk.conf; it took this as a definition
> and decided that all my man pages were to be installed in .gz format,
> contrary to what it says in the comment inside mk.conf.  Go figure.

Well, I am not sure what "set" means. AFAIK if you have a line
"MANZ=" in /etc/mk.conf, its treated like set, namly set to "".
What confuses me a bit is that the automatic man page handling did
not cover this. If you set "MANZ=1" it should do the right thing
and compress the manpages and also set PLIST accordingly (works for me).
And if you don't set MANZ at all in /etc/mk.conf it should work too.

> FWIW:  The first thing I did was forcibly define LOCALBASE to be /usr/local
> instead of /usr/pkg.  To make sure, I symlinked /usr/local to /usr/pkg.
> I _really_ don't want another hierarchy floating about, can you tell?

Well, this should work ok, we tryed our best not to set /usr/pkg
hardcoded anywhere. Did you see any problems with that?

Greets
--
   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: s_frueau@ira.uka.de oder ukfy@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de     \X/