Subject: Re: Problem with scripts in apache-1.3.3.2
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/07/1998 14:55:58
Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Dave Millen wrote:
>
> : [error] (13)Permission denied: exec of
> : /var/www/docs/www.largesalad.co.uk/cgi-bin/perldb.cgi failed
> : [error] [client 192.168.0.1] Premature end of script headers:
> : /var/www/docs/www.largesalad.co.uk/cgi-bin/perldb.cgi
>
> If you are using mod_perl or mod_ssl, resup pkgsrc (making sure you get
> `patch-al' for apache-1.3.3.2), and recompile/reinstall apache (or at least
> replace /usr/pkg/sbin/httpd).

I already did that, but it made no difference. The problem seems to be that 'sh'
does not seem to have permission to execute /usr/pkg/bin/perl via the server(or
should that be the other way round) and so, of course, never outputs the html
headers thus causing the second error(see above).

I am fairly sure that my virtual hosting is set up correctly and that named,
/etc/hosts and ifconfig aliasing are correct. Normal html pages are served
correctly and my scripts work fine from the command line, giving exactly the
output expected.

Have ownership and permision requirements altered since 1.3.0? perhaps I've
overlooked something in the documentaion.

regards,
Dave
--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: webmaster@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/