Subject: Re: Game score and config file handling
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/1998 09:33:07
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Simon Burge wrote:

: > This is already done in many pkgs.

Of course, I meant "already done for config files".

: ${PREFIX}/var doesn't exist (at least on my systems here) - will the
: +MTREE_DIRS stuff create this automagically?  I'll experiment.

I see you did.  This sounds fine to myself - for machines of the same
MACHINE_ARCH, you end up with a site-wide scorefile if you share /usr/pkg.
:)

: Also, should we create ${PREFIX}/share/games and ${PREFIX}/var/games to
: stop the upper levels from becoming cluttered?

Probably, if we intend to keep pulling in more games, which would seem the
intent.