Subject: Read-only pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/1998 01:41:28
I forgot to put this in my "Changes to the Packages Collection in
September 1998" mail, but we have updated the Packages Collection to
allow people to mount /usr/pkgsrc read-only.

To build any packages from a read-only /usr/pkgsrc, simply set
WRKOBJDIR in /etc/mk.conf to a writable directory, and then use the
read-only /usr/pkgsrc as normal.

We have also updated the way we generate the README.html files in
pkgsrc, to make it easier to customise the generated pages to contain
pointers to the location of binary packages.  The "cdrom-readme"
target has been added to bsd.pkg.mk to accomplish this.