Subject: Re: pkgtools diffs
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/26/1998 08:21:00
#  Isn't there some way we could transcend this whole problem, such as
#  naming the ones in /usr/sbin something different to begin with (to
#  distinguish them as something you only use during "bootstrap")?

That solves the problem in 1.4.. but we need a solution for 1.3 for now..

Another concern that just popped into my head.. is people who *never* build
thier own packages, and only use the binaries.  Will it ever know to upgrade
thier binaries for them, will they just have things bomb out on them at some
point?

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html