Subject: Re: one last pkg and PLIST question
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/17/1998 06:36:29
On 15-Aug-98 Todd Vierling spoke unto us all:
#  On 15 Aug 1998, Matthias Scheler wrote:
#
# : > ... I guess some people are not putting stuff in X11BASE?
# :
# : You don't need to worry about people who mess arround with packages and
# : remove the "USE_X11= yes". And if they set "${X11BASE}" to something else
# : there won't be a problem.
#
#  I plan on doing an X11lint:  ALL X11-requiring pkgs should have USE_X11 set,
#  which does imply that they would be installed in ${X11BASE} (unless, of
#  course, USE_LOCALBASE_FOR_X11/xpkgwedge is in use).

I know I've asked this before.. but I never did get an answer..  What about
stuff like tk80 that looks for tcl80 in the same hier? tcl is not an X11
required pkg.. nor should it ever install into that tree.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html