Subject: Machine-specific config dirs
To: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/1998 22:20:43
On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Kimmo Suominen wrote:

: I've modified the net/samba package to allow setting the ETC directory
: and the PRIVATE directory (password file).  I've defaulted them to
: /etc/samba and /etc/samba/private respectively.

I'd like to see us settle on a "third party etc dir" that bundles the pkg
stuff in one place, rather than littering /etc with a bunch more directories
and files - perhaps /etc/pkg (as in /etc/pkg/samba/configfilename)?

First ssh, then amanda, now samba.  We need to bundle this stuff together.