Subject: new packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/1998 04:07:39
Just a request for anyone building new packages:

Please include -Wl,-R$(LOCALBASE)/lib  or -Wl,-R$(X11BASE)/lib whenever you use
the corresponding -L option.  This is an elf thing, and will not affect a.out
packages in any way.  It will however correctly build the ELF packages.  Its
usually a matter of adding this to the LDFLAGS somewhere in the pkg, in front
of whatever -L options you specify.  This is only needed when linking shared
libraries in..

It only takes a second or two to fix, and saves me (and whatever poor
maintainer gets stuck applying my deluge of patches) alot of work.

This is *not* neccesary for any packages that are built using imake.

(BTW- this isn't official or anything, just a request.. though it would be
really nice to see this get into the Packages.txt file)

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html