Subject: Re: Dealing with "secret" subdirectories on the MASTER_SITE
To: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/06/1998 22:17:10
On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Chris Jones wrote:

: http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/.

I actually thought that you implied that you made a NetBSD pkg of it?  I
don't see it there.

: Wonderful.  I've been thinking I should learn more about libtool, but I
: haven't had time to get to it yet.  Are you going to post a pointer to the
: docs when you're done with them?

It'll be part of Packages.txt.

If you want a fairly clean example of it, and can legally fetch rsaref, do
so, "make patch," and compare source/Makefile.orig and source/Makefile.

: In fact, krb5 seems to have changed to a form-based interface from the one
: I seem to recall.  Ick.

Then you'll end up fetching 'http://.../something.cgi?key=val&key=val'...
sound like fun?  8->

: However, there probably is a lot of overlap between different packages.
: It wouldn't be surprising for the majority of "secret" packages to hide
: themselves in very similar ways.

There's only one NetBSD pkg thus far that uses such a fetch method.  In
general, we try to avoid putting in functionality that <4 pkgs will use,
even if just for simplicity's sake in bsd.pkg.mk.  That file is over 50k,
and growing by the minute....