Subject: setting limit in pkg Makefile?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/06/1998 10:21:11
Is there a prefered way to change the 'datasize' limit for packages?  I'm
almost (really) done with scilab-2.4, but on my NetBSD-1.3.1/pmax machine,
the link stage takes 34-35 MB of memory so I have to do

'limit datasize 40000'

before 'make'

I have full functionality on a i386 at school, full functionality except
for dynamic linking of c and fortran routines on the pmax, and there is 1
major bug in the mac68k one.  Actually, if anyone has a 1.3.2 mac68k
machine with about 100MB of free disk space, I could probably use a tester
later this week or early next week (I'm running 1.3 on my mac68k and its
way too much in a critical function for me to want to mess with upgrading
to 1.3.2 right now).

Dan