Subject: compat1[12] pkgs very broken
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/1998 18:33:00
The way the compat1[12] pkgs select their architecture is very broken and
needs to be fixed.  I thought about it, and started wondering whether it's
better to repackage them for a MACHINE_ARCH instead of a MACHINE.

This would have a side effect that I would have to refrain from putting
libkvm.so.4.0 in the bundles that have them.  hp300 shouldn't need to be
special-cased, as it can cope with the 8k pagesize of the newer shared
libraries.

I don't think libkvm is probably much use for compatibility, as the
applications that use it typically have to be recompiled between releases
for full useability.

Comments?