Subject: Re: Checklist for FreeBSD pkg conversion
To: Benjamin Lorenz <lorenz@munchkin.ps.uni-sb.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/24/1998 01:50:17
Hi Benjamin,

> I like the package mechanism very much -- but it seems that there
> are a lot of FreeBSD ports left to be "ported" to NetBSD...
>
> I am willing to adapt some of the more important packages (from my point
> of view, of course :-)), the gnats database for example. What I would need
> is some kind of "checklist" what to change (files, pathnames, etc...)
>
> So, can someone provide me with some instructions?

Take a look at the Packages.txt document, which outlines how to do this,
along with other issues to do with the Packages collection.

        htdocs/Documentation/netbsd/Packages.txt

It is recommended reading for anyone doing anything with NetBSD
packages.

In fact, you will all be tested on this at a later date.

Take care,
Alistair