Subject: RE: linking? Possible machine diffs?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/23/1998 17:22:59
On 23-Jul-98 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu spoke unto us all:
#  Does this mean that somehow I should have make add
#  -DELF

CPP automaticly defines the string __ELF__ to 1 on an ELF machine.  So you can
allways test for that. on a.out.. well.. lemme look..

[/usr/src/pkgsrc/tim] polaris# cpp -dM
h^D
#define __NetBSD__ 1
#define __KPRINTF_ATTRIBUTE__ 1
#define i386 1
#define __GNUC__ 1
#define unix 1

Hrmm.. nothing useful there..  I guess just if (defined(__NetBSD__) &&
!defined(__ELF__)) would do the trick..

Please tell me we never intend to ship ecoff systems...

Also.. just to warn you..  for some reason defines from that section wouldn't
work for me unless I used them *after* the .include.  That makes no sense to
me.. make defines are supposed to be global.. but I guess that breaks down
inside if statements.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html