Subject: Re: Problem with mit-pthreads pkg
To: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/21/1998 15:12:00
On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Thorsten Frueauf wrote:

> So I guess for sparc you will need some modifications. But if you can
> make it work, please feedback the patches to us :)

Mysql definitely does not work on NetBSD/sparc; it compiles, if
you tweak it like I tweaked the i386/alpha stuff for 1.3 (send
private e-mail for details, if it's not obvious from inspecting
the files), but exhibits some problems when you actually try to
create the databases.  If you can fix this, please send the changes
back to the mysql folks; they will really appreciate it.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates