Subject: Re: Use of libtool in pkgs (correction)
To: None <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/16/1998 22:35:12
> On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > Base system documentation belongs in the base system.
>
> And possibly written in roff - yeah sure...

Well, now, that's an undeserved potshot.  Even though documentation
has traditionally been done in *roff does not mean it has to stay
that way forever.  Among other things, I can't see how that fits in
with the goal of producing a hypertext version of the documentation.

In particular, this can't be used as an argument for not bundling in
the documentation together with the thing it documents.

- H=E5vard