Subject: Re: Use of libtool in pkgs (correction)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/16/1998 11:15:43
Hubert Feyrer writes:
> > And in fact, could it be put in CVS in the top directory of pkgsrc?
>
> No.
> The README file there will point you where to find it. Beyond that,
> Packages.txt is intended to be part of the NetBSD documentation that's
> available on the web.

Why can't we include documentation in the system? All the other
documentation for the system is included in the system. I find the
idea that we can't include the most critical file available to
understanding how to build packages in the package tree rather
seriously disturbing.

*I* forget where to find the thing on a regular basis, and I'm not
stupid.

Besides, having it in source control means other people can fix it.

Perry