Subject: Re: Things That Suck About pkgsrc
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/13/1998 09:58:12
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

: * Since bsd.pkg.mk overrides INSTALL_PROGRAM for all packages using
:   `configure', any packages which use autoconf's INSTALL_PROGRAM to
:   install scripts fail, because the INSTALL_PROGRAM we supply includes
:   `-s'.  (I had to hack around this for fetchmail and rpm.)

Those aren't the only two places it hacks around this.  The choice is either
to patch the Makefile.in's to use INSTALL_SCRIPT, or to have the
post-install target strip the binaries if ${STRIPFLAG} contains "-s".