Subject: Re: Today's changes
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/1998 12:44:21
On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 08:10:10PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Good evening!
>
> I've just committed two changes to pkg_* and bsd.pkg.mk:
>
> 1. Replacing FreeBSD's lib for ftpio with calls to our ftp command line
>    utility. This gives us support for passive FTP, proxy support, etc.
>    when used with pkg_add and pkg_info.

This sounds like a bad move.  We're (well, des@freebsd.org) is working
on updating the FreeBSD library support, and when I talked to him
about it last week he hoped to get it into 2.2.7.

We (FreeBSD+NetBSD) should really try to track each other's changes to
the package tools.  FreeBSD has code which you need (e.g, the race
condition fixes), and both seems to have interesting development
happening to the package tools (though little of it is committed to
FreeBSD yet - I know, half of the code is sitting on my machine :-)

Eivind.