tech-perform archive

Re: Problem identified: WAPL/RAIDframe performance problems

> I suppose running fsck on a 6 TByte file system will take hours

Based on my own experience with a 7T filesystem, I would suggest you
try it rather than masking assumptions.

Depending on your use case, you may be able to speed fsck up
dramatically by choosing the parameters for your filesystem suitably.
I find that fsck on a filesystem built with -f 8192 -b 65536 -n 1, for
example, is a great deal faster than on a filesystem built on the same
amount of disk space with the defaults.  (I have a few filesystems for
which that combination of parameters is appropriate: a small number of
large files with little churn.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign