Subject: Re: LFS performance and kern.maxvnodes
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-perform
Date: 08/27/2007 13:01:52
I think there might be a problem with pool(9) or the amount of pools
that are allocated for bpppool ... I'm not really sure.  What I have
noticed is that after increasing kern.maxvnodes, my system hasn't
crashed in 24 hours using an LFS root partition.  I don't know enough
about LFS to say what's actually going on without looking at it more,
but this combined with what I outlined in the PR I filed recently
seems to suggest that we need to sanity-check things a lot more--or at
least add something under 'BUGS' or 'CAVEATS' in newfs_lfs(8).

--Blair