Subject: Re: Running XENU on vnodes.
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-perform
Date: 04/28/2006 14:15:53
I am rerunning numbers for dom0/domU on vnodes to be a bit clearer.

The system is a 3400 Mhz P4, Intel 915 chipset motherboard with 4 GB
DDR2 RAM.
There are 2 SATA drives:
wd0: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA48 addressing
wd0: 372 GB, 775221 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 781422768 sectors
wd0: 32-bit data port
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 6 (Ultra/133)
wd0(piixide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 6 (Ultra/133) (using DMA)

The dom0s filesystems are all in RAID-1 using raidframe, and ffs.
I might have made the large filesystem ffsv2, but I don't remember.

dom0 is pretty recent NetBSD current.
The domU I use for this example has the same NetBSD current code.