Subject: Re: benchmarks for entire OS built with -march=i686
To: None <tech-perform@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-perform
Date: 02/02/2006 15:18:47
On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:25:16 -0700 (MST)
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net> wrote:

> I ran a rather simple benchmark over the past week or so to test the difference
> between running a stock NetBSD system, and running the same system recompiled
> fully (userland and kernel) with -march=i686.  These are the results.  First,
> the stock compile:
[...]

Was -O2 or -O3 used?  If so, in the i686 build only or also for i386?
I tend to use -march=i686 -O2 for my custom compiled systems here, but
didn't actually run benchmarks

Thanks,
Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list, other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking.