Subject: Re: NetBSD 2 vs the rest with MySQL
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: tech-perform
Date: 02/09/2005 14:10:42
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Frank van der Linden wrote:
>
>> (if stable). I'm glad to see that we kick ass in the single-CPU
>> case.
>

> Um, have you looked at the 10M Row test?
> http://www.newsforge.com/blob.pl?id=82311a9e7896a841032c395f270d6a0f
> Why so we not kick ass there at all?
>

>  - Hubert

Well, I'm not really sure, since this is pretty far outside my area of
expertise, but since he claims the Solaris numbers on the 10M row test
were also horrid until turning off some FS cacheing, I wonder if tuning
the VM system might help some.  I just sent the author a link to Arto
Selonen's VM tuning page
(http://www.selonen.org/arto/netbsd/vm_tune.html) in hopes that he might
be able to squeeze some better numbers out of it...

Of course, someone who knows better than I should feel free to let me
know if I'm full of it...

+j