Subject: Re: Some LFS vs. FFS+softdep testresults
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: tech-perform
Date: 04/02/2003 11:29:42
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> What about NFS-exporting LFS? Seems this didn't work at all in 1.6(.x),
> and I thus had to move some disks back to UFS recently. :(

I think that the particular problem from 1.6 is gone now (I can't find the
commit message right away though).  What's in -current at this moment,
though, has a bad VOP_FSYNC that makes exported LFS vveerryy ssllooww,
along with a couple of other less obvious problems.  I'm testing a
solution now, and will provide some performance comparisons between
exported ffs/ffs+softdep/lfs when that solution is ready for commit.

						Konrad Schroder
						perseant@hhhh.org