Subject: SO_PRIORITY in Linux = ?? In NetBSD
To: None <tech-perform@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Collette <livewire@netadel.com>
List: tech-perform
Date: 09/26/2002 14:03:31
Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question(If not, I will
dutifully take my abuse, and then post this question to the proper forum once
I figure out which is proper ;) )

Can someone offer me some pointers to where I might find something equiv. to
the linux SO_PRIORITY option ?

Linux's SO_[whatever] info defines SO_PRIORITY as:

              Set  the  protocol-defined priority for all packets
              to be sent on this socket.  Linux uses  this  value
              to  order  the  networking  queues:  packets with a
              higher priority may be processed first depending on
              the selected device queueing discipline. For ip(7),
              this also sets the IP type-of-service  (TOS)  field
              for outgoing packets.

I'm mostly concerned with dynamic changes to the network queue.

--
Rick Collette
livewire@netadel.com