Subject: re: How does UBC caching work?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-perform
Date: 07/10/2002 03:47:53
   Hubert Feyrer wrote:
   > On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
   > > If more inodes are required to cache those files than your kernel is
   > > using, then obviously it won't cache them all; you need one per file
   > > you wish to have in the cache.
   >
   > Is inode/vnode cache still fixed-size?

   You can adjust vnode cache size via sysctl kern.maxvnodes
   (I have it bumped to 50000 in my  /etc/sysctl.conf)

FWIW, i've got a patch in my sys/param.h to bump the default NVNODE by
a factor of 4.  this seems to let UBC use ~all my ram (and these days,
ram that isn't being used by my applications :-)

i think we should bump the default up by a factor of 4.

.mrg.