Subject: Re: UBC performance/tuning "issues"
To: Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-perform
Date: 06/19/2002 18:27:28
Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> writes:
> I understand code/patches are much more desireable than pontification
> on the lists and I apologize in advance... :)
>
> I was wondering if perhaps some hueristics could be applied based on
> pageout/pagein ratios between the exec/anon pools to automagically
> tune them within a time frame.

I have a design that might or might not work better, based on the same
observation that is behind generational garbage collection. I've had
no time to try it out, however, and my motivation has lowered since it
became possible to tune things reasonably well without. I'd invite
help from someone very wizardly who had more time than I do.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com