Subject: Re: HP SureStore Tape 2000 performance
To: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@gmx.de>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: tech-perform
Date: 01/23/2002 22:38:38
> Hm. I have tried "tar cvf /dev/rst0 <files>" for my benchmarks. (I have no
> experience in that. Are there any better commands/options?)

No, that should be OK ...

> Another question: siop-driver (Kernel 1.5.2) doesn't work together with the
> tape drive (timeouts). Why?

That is probably the answer to the throughput question though -- find
out what this is and fix it, and re-test the throughput.

For any SCSI problem I always suspect cables and termination.  How is
the HP DDS drive connected?  The (older) one I have does not have
internal termination; if it's the only device on the bus a terminator
must be added after it.

Regards,

Giles