Subject: Re: Bad NFS performance
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Dominik Westner <westner@absurd.dnsalias.org>
List: tech-perform
Date: 05/09/2001 17:51:06
this might well be. I never tried to touch the RAID at all after getting
it to work.
It's a LaCie RAID TX8000 and the documentation really s*cks.

I still don't quite understand why this should be the case. My
presumably naive  assumption is that the RAID got a 16MB cache, which is
battery  buffered. It will fill up the cache until it can write a block
and then it will write the block, but I am probably far to naive.

Looking at the RAID there seems to be thousands of parameters ... :-)
and I guess I have to reformat the RAID in order to change the size of
the stripes. What would be a reasonable size for a stripe? (Probably
something along the r/wsize for NFS, e.g. 8k?)

Thanks

Dominik