Subject: Slow system performance while heavy I/O activity
To: None <tech-perform@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-perform
Date: 03/14/2001 17:06:40
	Hello,

today I complaint about the performance on one of my NetBSD machines which
was running a CVS update of a local source tree from a local mirror of
NetBSD's CVS repository. The I/O load caused severe delays during
interactive work.

I wonder if there can be done anything about this without a complete
rewrite of NetBSD's VFS and I/O code. What would e.g. happen if I move
the partitions with the source tree and CVS repository on a seperate
disk. Will that make the system more responsive? How well does NetBSD
scale with multiple hostadapters and drives?

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                         http://core.de/~tron/