Re: Trouble with re driver

Tobias Nygren a écrit :
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 20:14:32 +0100
> BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand%systella.fr@localhost> wrote:
>
>> 	Maybe something is broken in recent changes in
>> src/sys/dev/pci/pci_resource.c, pcidevs_data.h or pcidevs.h.
>
> Since the attach function runs it does not seems to be a pcidevs problem.
> pci_resource.c is only used on ARM platforms. You can find the equivalent
> x86 code in pci_map.c. It has not been changed recently from what I can tell.
>
>> pci_mem_find: expected mem type 00000004, found 00000000
>
> This error means we expected a 64-bit mem range assigned to the card
> by the ACPI firmware but found a 32-bit range. It is a strange error
> to get in this context because the card according to the config space
> dump clearly only has a 32-bit BAR so it has to use 32-bit bus space.
> We can reach that situation if the re driver incorrectly tried to map
> the BAR with PCI_MAPREG_MEM_TYPE_64BIT.
>
> I suspect the regression originates with an acpica update and some
> firmware bug might be a prerequisite to trigger it.
>
> You'll need to figure out why the expected mem type check fires.

	Unfortunately, I cannot quickly test on this server and I don't have
other server in the same configuration. I will test as soon as possible,
but I have to poweroff all diskless workstations on LAN side (that run
complex simulations).

> A good place to start digging is to dissect this code and find
> out what the value retured by pci_mapreg_type is:
> https://github.com/NetBSD/src/blob/d7465f61f231e4328d26a5628c5ccb266f168f3a/sys/dev/pci/if_re_pci.c#L210
>
> Since you mentioned you have lots of other network adapters it might
> also be that the system has ran out of 32-bit bus space and
> is attempting to use 64-bit as a last resort.

	Strange. -10-beta ran fine in the same configuration: wm[0-4], re0,
bridge0, lagg0, npflog0.

	Best regards,

	JB