Re: Fwd: 10-BETA : some network issues

On Sun, Jan 01, 2023 at 04:25:37PM +0100, BERTRAND Joël wrote:

> 	Sorry, I have forgotten last line of /etc/ntp.conf:
>
> restrict 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0

The default is to allow everything, except for the server to synchronize
to itself. So that restrict line does nothing as it only allows "everything"
for your local network for a second time.

But that's not your problem.

> 	I have notice a minor issue. To show traffic activity, I have to check
> UDP/123 on wm3 and wm4 as lagg0 doesn't show all packets. Example:

This sounds like a bug in lagg.

> 16:16:25.208560 IP legendre.systella.fr.ntp > hilbert.systella.fr.ntp:
> NTPv4, Server, length 48

So your NTP server _does_ answer. Do the clients still have a problem ?

> tcpdump -i lagg0 seems to only print incoming packets.

Looks like it, while lagg registers as an ethernet device (which
adds a packet tap), it doesn't emit packages itself, but relays
it only to the output routine of a member interface. It needs to
invoke the tap routine itself, so that tcpdump (and other packet
filters like npf) can see the packets.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst