Re: dhcpcd: switching off or down-priorising SLAAC addresses

On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 1:00 PM <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I get the /128 interface address, and I get the
> /64 route to the network and the default route.
> I don't *know* where that comes from, - I was
> pointed to the right configuration befroe I was
> desperate enough to read the code - but it should
> come from the RA.

(On my original reply I missed the subject which said you wanted to
possibly remove the SLAAC address, which is simple in dhcpcd.conf as
people have pointed out. I assumed you wanted to keep the SLAAC
address but route through the DHCPv6 address...)

As far as I know, the client's IPv6 default route is derived from the
source address of the server's reply packet which is a link local
address. I think this is how it works for both RA and DHCPv6. The
server replies don't contain a specific router address.

Andy