Re: Remove plip(4)?

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 03:43:07 -0000 (UTC), T wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 22:43:21 -0400 (EDT), Mouse wrote:
>> Does that matter if nobody uses it?
>>
>> Actually, hm, I should check whether it's in the versions I use; I
>> don't often need to network machines without Ethernet, but it happens
>> occasionally, and PLIP might be faster than SLIP....
>>
>> /~\ The ASCII				  Mouse \ / Ribbon
Campaign
>>  X  Against HTML		mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost
>> / \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B

> I found a Laplink cable at a secondhand store for next to nothing so I
> can report back if it actually works.

Harrumph, the driver doesn't work on the machine that would most likely
need to use it, it might be due to this:

"The FreeBSD driver includes support for some specific chip sets, specifi-
cally detection of some non-standard device I/O locations on the ISA bus.
This support was not ported over to the NetBSD version of the driver yet."

I'll test it out on one of the other machines to see if it works and
perhaps run a speed test vs serial, to see if there is much of a
difference.