[tcpdump-workers] CI news September-October 2022 (fwd) Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers: [tcpdump-workers] CI news September-October 2022

I wonder if there are pkgsrc patches for tcpdump that could go upstream, and
then maybe we could combine our CI efforts and reduce volunteer efforts here?

--- Begin Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hello list.

I hope this finds you well.  Below you can find a digest of the CI
infrastructure works since the previous update.

* OmniOS has seen some improvements to its Clang packages, so
  illumos-amd64 now uses Clang 15.0 (was 11.1).

* netbsd-amd64 has been upgraded from NetBSD 9.2 to 9.3, this among
  other things upgraded GCC from 10.3 to 12.1 and Clang from 13.0 to
  13.1; thanks to a recent bug fix by Guy Harris tcpdump now can build
  with the pkgsrc version of libpcap when using CMake, this is now a
  part of the build matrix on this worker.

* netbsd-aarch64 has been upgraded from NetBSD 9.2 to 9.3 and from
  pkgsrc 2022Q2 to 2022Q3, this among other things upgraded GCC from
  12.1 to 12.2 and Clang from 13.0 to 14.0; the system libpcap finally
  has a bug fix for the long-standing NetBSD bug 55901 and can be (and
  now is) used in tcpdump builds.

* linux-riscv64 has been switched from Fedora 36 to Ubuntu 22.04,
  neither of which is perfect, but the latter seems to be easier to
  maintain; this upgrades GCC from 10.3 to 11.2, but for now removes
  Clang, which turned out to be broken on this specific hardware
  (Ubuntu bug 1994071).

Cheers.

--
    Denis Ovsienko