racoon, IKEv1 and multiple ipsec clients behind NAT

Hello tech-net,

I had a user question about ipsec using racoon.

I have racoon running on a static IP, and I'm able to make sharedkey
connections to it from multiple clients behind NATs over different
ISPs. However, multiple clients behind the same NAT connecting over
NAT-D don't seem to be able to work.

The symptom I see is that the second connection times out the first one,
and the first in-band ppp interface (using xl2tpd) drops.

Before posting configs, logs etc, I wanted to ask if we are able to
support multiple clients (say behind a residential ISP router NAT)
creating independant l2tp/ipsec transport connections (eg: from multiple
phone devices etc.)

Many Thanks,
--
~cherry