PXE-booting via EFI

This question is mostly not NetBSD-specific, but I'm not sure the answers
I found elswhere are technically correct.

When PXE-booting in legacy BIOS mode, the filename that the DHCP server
offers in the first step is pxeboot_ia32.bin. When PXE-booting in EFI mode,
that filename should be bootx64.efi.

How can I diffentiate between the two methods in dhcpd.conf?
Common wisdom seems to check option architecture-type = 00:07,
but there are also fields in option vendor-class-identifier after
"PXEclient:" that seem to differ.

Probably NetBSD-specific: In the second stage (PXE boot loading the kernel),
in legacy mode, vendor-class-identifier is "NetBSD:i386:libsa", while in EFI
mode, it seems to be "NetBSD:amd64:libsa" (note "amd64", not "x86_64").
Is this guaranteed behaviour?