Re: Dealing with M_HASFCS for protocols that do not do ethernet crc

On Tue, Aug 09, 2022 at 05:24:26PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
> We could also try to enable FCS stripping for drivers that currently
> don't do it, doing it for eqos(4) looks easy enough, if someone has the
> documentation for dwc_gmac could they lookup if it is possible to do
> this?

Bit 25 of the MCR is defined as CST (CRC stripping for Type frames)
and should cause dropping of the last four bytes if ethertype >= 0x600,
and there is bit 7 defined as ACS (Automatic Pad/CRC Stripping) that
should cause the CRC field to be stripped if the length field is <= 1500.

Martin