Re: Overflow bugs in m_get &c.

> We've had a class of bugs that works like this:

> [...network drivers assuming MCLBYTES can hold any packet...]

This gets especially bad with jumbograms, I wokuld imagine.  Or are
jumbogram-capable drivers smarter about this because they got bit
already by getting sloppy?

> I tentatively propose we eliminate this class of bugs -- and reduce a
> good deal of code, and simplify the driver's responsibilities --
> using the following approach:

> [basically refactor the above logic, so it occurs once instead of
> replicated, with slightly different bugs, in each network driver]

I like this - even though it wouldn't even affect me in practice.

I like it enough I'm going to consider doing something of the sort in
my own trees.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign