Re: PR: MTU discovery fails with IPv6 sockets bound to IPv4 mapped address

kardel%kardel.name@localhost (Frank Kardel) writes:

>Is there anyone willing to look at the fix before I commit?
>The MTU bug prohibits data transfer as the write(v) systemcall
>fails with EMSGSIZE(40).
>https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=56348

Mapped IPv4 addresses are considered harmful on the wire, that's
why /etc/rc.d/network sets a route that rejects such packets.

But this is just a (changeable) policy. How does the fix work on a
machine without IPv4 where mapped addresses might be wanted (RFC1933) ?