Generating Unsolicited Neighbor Solicitation

Is there a way of manually triggering an Unsolicited Neighbor Solicitation
(the IPv6 equivalent of a gratuitous ARP)?

When adding an adress to an interface, one should be sent, but I see only the
DAD and a Mulicast join.

Maybe my filter rules are bad -- I always forget whether tcpdump sees
outgoing packets before they pass (or don't) the packet filter or only
those actually sent on the interface (likewise for incoming ones).