Re: Applying the inet6 ND state engine to inet4

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 11:39 AM Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> wrote:
> That brings me to an intereting question.
> Do we want to adjust ndp(8) to affect the timing for ARP as well so they
> are the same - which has the side effect of an IPv6 router adjusting
> bassereachable for ARP as well? There is no equivalent in ARP/DHCP, but
> having it network setable could be a win? It would also mean that the
> settings could be per iface as well quite easily.

I'm not really following you here.

Having separate settings per interface is a good idea.

I can't tell if you're saying some IPv6 NDP timing setting would be
attached to an IPv4 arp timing setting though. That I don't understand
so much.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Andy