Re: Question about NetBSD implementation of IPv6 SLAAC and RFC4941

On 05/04/2020 19:14, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 07:07:59PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
Hi List

As we seem to be cutting the cruft from the kernel recently I think it's
time to remove the kernel handling of router advertisements and leave it to
dhcpcd - there's nothing dhcpcd can't do that the kernel can for RA
handling, but the reverse is not true.

I would like RA handling kept in the kernel.

I would like some sound technical reasons why.

P.S. I'm still frustrated that rtsol got removed.

Aside from sentiment, what frustrations do you currently endure about the lack of rtsol? And again, please keep it technical.

Roy