Re: scp troughput

gdt%lexort.com@localhost (Greg Troxel) writes:

>  particularly on the apu2, the tcp window (determined by the
>  recvbuf/sendbuf) really matters in terms of 131072 vs 32768

With

HPNDisabled yes

in sshd_config, scp speed went from 30MByte/s to 78MByte/s.
iperf3 speed between these machines is ~830Mbit/s.

The HPN patches we use seem to be counterproductive nowadays.

N.B. the buffer autoscaling is usually pretty good but not aggressive
enough for short sessions. You need a few seconds to ramp up the
buffer size. Making the sendbuf_inc/recvbuf_inc values larger helps.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost