Re: IPFilter 5 and IPv4-mapped IPv6 adresses

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 01:39:47PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > That sounds like a bug to me; if nothing else, it makes it impossible
> > to treat IPv4 packets differently from v4-mapped IPv6 packets.
> There is nothing like a v4-mapped IPv6 packet.

Strictly speaking, if you happen to encounter an IPv6 packet on the
wire with a v4-mapped address, you might want to discard that (because
it should never show up).  But technically one could construct one...

gert

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert%greenie.muc.de@localhost