Re: Interface description support

>> I think I would prefer that attempting to set a description that
>> equals an interface name is rejected, and, [...]
> Couldn't you just enforce the description to not match
> /[a-z]+[0-9]+/?

Well, according to scan.l in the usr.bin/config I have at ready hand,
it's [A-Za-z_][-A-Za-z_0-9]* (with [0-9]+ implicitly appended).

That seems unnecessarily limiting to me.  It also is brittle to embed
that pattern in places as widely separated as usr.bin/config and the
kernel; sooner or later someone will change one of them without
updating the other.

But, as always, if that's what the person actually doing the work
implements....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign