Re: nd6_na_input: duplicate IP6 address

On 11/05/2019 07:48, Roy Marples wrote:
I've had some more information about this and suspect that it's dhcpcd NA messages that are being looped back in.

If you stop dhcpcd, do the messages go away?
Just tested that now. With dhcpcd runnning I get a burst of 3-6 messages every 10 mins. Its now been runnning without dhcpcd for about 20 mins and I've not seen any further messages. I'll leave it running it that state for a while and report back if anything changes.

As an additional data point I have 3 systems at the same level.

One is staticaly addressed and doesn't see these messages. 2 use dhcpcd and do. All of them used different variants of the intel(wm) adapters but they are otherwise quite different.

dhcpdc System 1:
cpu0 at mainbus0 apid 0
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, id 0x306c3
cpu0: package 0, core 0, smt 0
wm0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0: I218 V Ethernet Connection (rev. 0x00)
wm0: interrupting at msi2 vec 0

dhcpdc System 2:
cpu0 at mainbus0 apid 0
cpu0: AMD GX-412TC SOC                               , id 0x730f01
cpu0: package 0, core 0, smt 0
wm0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: I210 Ethernet (Copper, FLASH less) (rev. 0x03)
wm0: for TX and RX interrupting at msix0 vec 0 affinity to 0
wm0: for TX and RX interrupting at msix0 vec 1 affinity to 1
wm0: for TX and RX interrupting at msix0 vec 2 affinity to 2
wm0: for TX and RX interrupting at msix0 vec 3 affinity to 3
wm0: for LINK interrupting at msix0 vec 4

static system:
cpu0 at mainbus0 apid 0
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz, id 0x6fb
cpu0: package 0, core 0, smt 0
wm0 at pci4 dev 3 function 0: Intel i82541PI 1000BASE-T Ethernet (rev. 0x05)
wm0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 22
wm0: 32-bit 33MHz PCI bus