Re: kern/53962: npf: weird 'stateful' behavior

A Timo knows, I'm running NetBSD in production.

I run a "one VLAN per IP range" (minus external, of course) policy.

I'm using packet filtering (currently ipf on 6.1) both on individual servers
(anti-spoofing, access restriction to certain deamon ports) and on the gateway
(the only machine with IP forwarding enabled) to restrict inter-network
traffic. From the ipf bugs I run into, I conclude I'm the only person on
the planet doing this.

I can think of two filter options that would make my life easier on the GW:
1. On an ingress rule, "if you see this packet on the outbound side, let it
egress and remember the state there" (possibly limited to a set of interfaces
(Timo has a Perl script to sort of simulate that)
2. On the egress side, make it possible to match "this packet passed on the
inbound side", possibly limited to a set of interfaces.