IP_PKTINFO, sendmsg(2) and routing.

Hi List

Whilst traking down a dhcpcd issue for Jared it occured to me that my use of IP_PKTINFO might not be ideal for NetBSD. Here's the scenario:

interface a: 192.168.0.101/24
interface b: 192.168.0.102/24

The route to 192.168.0.255 belongs on interface a.

If I send a UDP packet to 192.168.0.1 it will by default leave by interface a. My question is this - should IP_PKTINFO allow the same message to leave by interface b - ie effectively bypassing the routing table?

Roy