Re: kernel frameworks for jumbo frame

Hi, all.

 I'm sorry for being little late.

On 2019/01/31 14:21, Rin Okuyama wrote:
On 2019/01/30 23:47, Jason Thorpe wrote:
On Jan 30, 2019, at 3:29 PM, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost> wrote:

| Yes, I think something like:
  |
  |     size_t mbuf_cluster_size_for_size(size_t desired_size);

whatever the name, is unlikely to be needed, that would be
used in the "must specify a supportyed size" variant of the
former, rather than the "pick a supported size that will handle
the request" version that you thought was better (as do I.)

I suppose you're right ... I was thinking that there might be some utility to exposing the information, in the event that it could be useful for some drivers.  I could certainly be left out for now, and exposed at a later time if there was a concrete use for it.

OK. I will write a draft, possibly in this weekend.